Saturday, June 16, 2007

Embrace the Heat, Bombshell Style


Sultry. Balmy. 95 degrees. All adjectives used by local news channels to describe the weather situation. The adjectives are accompanied by clip art of bright red suns wearing Ray Bans, steaming thermometers and exclamation points.

I get it. It's hot out. The only thing I want to do is lounge by a blue swimming pool, flipping through magazines while sipping cans of Coke nestled in a Koozie. Obviously a new bag, suit and coverup are in order. Obviously.

Here's what's in my new Old Navy ripstop buckle bag (in chocolate, above): Aveeno sunscreen, SPF 30; Harper's Bazaar, Lucky, Domino and the Sephora summer magalog; Nestle Pure Life water in raspeberry splash; oversized sunglasses; cell phone, flip flops and towel.

I'm loving this adorable brown polka dot halter tankini, also from Old Navy. The structured cups and floppy straps that tie around your neck are so Marilyn Monroe-esque. Bombshells will appreciate the practical benefits of a little extra support in the bust and the ability to untie the straps for maximum line-free tanning.

I'm also loving this adorable blue floral hoodie coverup from Lane Bryant. Not only is it 36" long, fast-drying poyester but the pop of color compliments my pool bag.
Product Details:
Old Navy ripstop buckle back, $16.50; polka dot halter tankini, on sale for $39.99, available online.
Lane Bryant floral coverup, on sale for $27.65, online.
Photos courtesy of Old Navy and Lane Bryant.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this swimsuit. I just ordered it, now just have to cross my fingers that it will fit. Thanks for finding it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.