Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Beauty Moment- Clinique


Clinique takes me back to high school. Getting ready for school in the locker room after 5:00 a.m. freshman basketball practices, every girl had three or four of those marbled mint green compacts, a travel-sized bar of creamy yellow Facial Soap, and of course a bottle of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Clinique was the perfect makeup line to get started with - its clean, clinical approach appealed to me and my friends as we were battling with acne and learning the ins and outs of skin care. Unlike more glamourous peers, like Lancome and Chanel, Clinique feels very accessible to those who aren't makeup pros.

As much as I knew and loved Clinique, though, it was a right of passage of sorts to "trade up" to MAC, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, etc. After almost ten years since graduating from York High and Clinique, I'm getting back to my roots. It's been a pleasant surprise to find that Clinique has maintained several of their classic products while introducing lots of new, innovative offerings too. Here are a few of my favorites:
Clinique's best-selling fragrance, Happy, was my signature scent from ages 15-21. After giving myself a spritz at my Clinique counter recently, I felt a rush of nostalgia wash over me. And while I wouldn't want to relive those particular 6 years, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the shimmering blend of floral citrus is simply, upliftingly beautiful. New to the line since I last wore the fragrance, you can layer the scent with Happy Body Wash and Happy Body Cream.

Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator is a new favorite. Not only is the color sheer and natural, bringing flattering highlights and glow to the skin, but the applicator is so convenient. Just one pump to a fingertip and I'm ready to pat on a healthy, not greasy, dew to my face. A little bit of the product dabbed on the top of my cheekbones looks great in photos - it's an instant face lift. Available in 4 shades, one of which will look divine on you.


And finally, no "Favorite List" would be complete without mentioning Different Lipstick in Tenderheart. I remember whipping out my shiney metal tube in choir class and applying Tenderheart liberally throughout the hour. The rosey mauve neutral is as perfect today as it was back in the mid-90's.

Photos courtesy of Clinique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.