As Mother's Day approaches, I started think about all the moms who have come in and out of my life, leaving their mark on me. I also thought about which beauty products I associate with each woman. Here's what I came up with:
- Pat Robson (my mom) - in addition to her signature scent, I associate perfectly manicured nails with true red polish. Like O.P.I's I'm Not Really a Waitress.
- Joyce Malone (mother of my high school friend, Erin) - I spent almost as much time in Joyce's home as I did my own. She always had an awesome tan, so I'm going with one of the best self tanners I've ever used: Loreal Sublime Bronze tanning mist. The spray application means you can tan all those hard-to-reach places. The formula dries quickly, doesn't smell bad, and produces very natural results.
- Claire Huxtable - I thought the matriarch of the Huxtable clan was the most amazing mom ever. She made her own money, raised a herd of kids who all turned out pretty well, could cook and fix things around the house. And she looked great while doing it all. I'll bet she slathered her hands and feet every night with a thick cream like Carol's Daughter Love Butter. It's all buttery and hydrating, with the scent of cinnamon, brown sugar, and honey (otherwise known as love).
- Cheryl Hanson- she was my mom-away-from-home, a co-worker at my first job out of college. She took me under her wing and helped me through that yucky transitional period between 22 and 25. She also rocked perfectly smudged eyeliner every single day. Replicate her look with Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof long-lasting eyeliner. Won't smudge, skip or melt away.
- Lorelei Gilmore- another favorite fictional mom, Lorelei made me feel ok about becoming a mom and growing older. No mom-jeans for this lady! Instead, she keeps it fresh with a glowing complexion. Fake your own fresh face with Benefit's Sheer Cream Blush (I like the peachy shade called Hush).
- Shar Harrison (mother of my best friend, Kim) - Shar's always had an enviable zest for life. It reminds me of Clinique's Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator, all invigorating and happy.
Happy Mother's Day!