Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beauty Moment- Global Goddess Beauty

One of my favorite beauty books is called Passport to Beauty- Secrets and Tips from Around the World to Becoming a global Goddess. I picked it up a little over a year ago and love all the beauty tips and recipes for treatments from women around the world. It was written by a makeup artist named Shalini Vadhera, herself an exotic beauty. Seriously, this woman is gorgeous.
See? Yeah.

Shalini has combiner her knowledge of natural ingredients and formulas with the inspiration of a myriad of cultures (the sites, the sounds, the colors of Africa, Asia, Egypt and more) to create her own makeup line. It's called Global Goddess.

I'll be entirely honest. When I first received her products for review, I didn't have very high hopes. "Just another makeup artist line. Like the world needs that. " Uhm. The world does need Global Goddess. And by world, I mean your makeup bag.

To start with, I'm a sucker for good packaging. And this is some goooood packaging. It's gorgeous! The eye shadows and blushes come in black plastic cases, very lightweight & durable, with clear tops adorned with gold Egyptian-esque designs. The Cairo Eyes Liquid Eyeliner comes in an authentic(ish) kohl liner bottle. It's feminine and beautiful and adds a much-needed touch of the exotic to my makeup bag.

Superficiality aside, the products bring their own something special to the table. True standouts include: Chai Cheek Color My shade is Mirik, a lit-from-within peach that has amazing staying power. I-Define Eyeliner in India Ink .This sooty black pencil which goes on smooth, smudges perfectly, then lasts and lasts.The aforementioned Cairo Eyes Liquid Liner . I tried Nefertitti, an extremely wearable plum/mauve shade that magically works with every shade of eye shadow. The short, hard brush makes quick work out of applying the liquid liner.
You can buy Global Goddess products directly from Shalini's web site (which also features a lot of fun application tips from Shalini herself), or from the Home Shopping Network.
I'm looking forward to picking up the South Pacific Shimmer Bronzing Powder with Brush (below).

Photo credit: GlobalGoddessBeauty.com; HomeShoppingNetwork.com

1 comment:

  1. Global Goddess Beauty products are simply amazing and affordable! My makeup lasts all day and gets better by the hour especially when I use their primer before the foundation. I use the Complexion Perfection Duo which includes a oundation and a concealer. I don't even need a brush to apply it, I just use my index finger as suggested. My product has lasted a long time. My other favorite is the hair shine with AMLA! It's a miracle for my mane! The bronzer is so beautiful on the face as well. I also love the lip veils which I think have SPF in them! I love GGB!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.