Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beauty Moment - Newbies

Two new additions to my makeup bag are in heavy rotation right now: the Sonia Kashuk 5-piece brush set and L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara.

I've been obsessively watching makeup application videos on YouTube and have begun to reconsider my everyday makeup brushes. I've had the same Bobbi Brown set for 11 years and they've served me well, but there's not a lot of selection within my collection. Many of the YouTubers have brushes of all shapes and sizes, and they really do make a big difference! I always, secretly, thought the whole brush thing was a racket. Get the makeup on, blend and be done. But now...I'm reconsidering. Suddenly, an angled crease brush and mini domed blender seem essential. Sonia Kashuk's 5-piece brush collection is a great little starter set. For less than $10, I've been able to try out a few different shapes of brushes. They're not the best quality - the bristles are a little stiff. But they do the job. And they come in the cutest little white case - perfect for traveling.

It seems as though not a week goes by that L'Oreal doesn't release a new mascara. One of the best to come out recently, according to my eyelashes, is Telescopic Explosion*. I, for one, am all about an explosion of lashes. I like this version because the formula maintains the efforts of my lash curler, is buildable, doesn't flake, and the spikey, bulbous wand is incredibly maneuverable. When swiped horizontally across the lashes, it grabs every little one.



You can pick up the brushes and the mascara at Target, each for under $10.

Photo credit: Target.com

1 comment:

  1. can you post the link to some good makeup application videos on Your Tube. I love watching those!~ Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)