Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big News

I've alluded to the fact that I have big, fun news to share with you guys - and today is the day! Next Wednesday, I'm heading out to Lane Bryant's headquarters to participate in their first ever Lane Bryant Blogger Conference*.

I'll be joined by a handful of our favorite plus size bloggers (which I'm soooo excited about; can't wait to meet the other girls) for a really fantstic day of meeting with the Lane Bryant merchant team, a preview of the Fall & Holiday fashion lines, a makeover and photo shoot (ok, not exactly sure what that means...but still, fun!).

Like many plus size women, Lane Bryant has been a big part of my life. I've been shopping there for over 20 years (yes, I started young). I even worked there through college, and can distrinctly remember how annoying/stressful it was whenever a corporate merchandising team would show up to reset our merchandise. (Anyone who's worked in retail knows what I'm talking about, right?)

At times, I've loved and hated the brand - loved them for their Right Fit jeans and dress pants with a long inseam; hated them for being a plus size monopoly for so long, and for creating the exact same shirt over and over in different colors. Now, I feel pretty good about their place within the plus size community and within my wardrobe. There are plenty of plus size retailers out there, both large and small, so we're not all wearing the same Lane Bryant outfit as one another.

I've begun shopping at Lane Bryant more often over the past year, and I have to say: It feels good to shop there because I want to, not because I have to. Which makes this trip all the more exciting. I know I have a ton of questions I want to ask, and I'd love some of those questions to be yours! So let me know - if you were having a sit-down with the big wigs at LB,what would you want to talk about?

You can follow me while I'm there on Twitter (@bombbeauty5), on Facebook, or here- I'll be providing live updates throughout the day.

*Lane Bryant is paying all expenses for this trip. I'll remind you of that, per FTC regulations, by adding an asterisk to the first reference of the conference on all subsequent posts.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, sounds like so much fun!

    http://babyfabzmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome opportunity for all of you ladies! I wish I could have such a great opportunity. I would like to know where they plan on taking the company? They have come a long way from where they were a few years ago and I am excited about the direction the company is going. I would like to see better quality in certain items though. Take lots of pictures if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! Braticas used to be a LB store manager and I am a former Catherines store manager,(which are, of course, both Charming Shoppes). We would be more than happy to give you some questions! First, could we have SOME dresses with sleeves? Why is the balconette bra line diminishing? Um, belts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that!!! Congratulations, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are attending this conference!

    One of the big things that I have a question about with Lane Bryant is their inconsistent sizing. Some size 14/16 tops are absolutely SWIMMING on me, where others I have to go up to an 18. The same with pants although somehow it bothers me more when I have to purchase a size 20 pair of pants because it reminds me that I have a big butt.

    I wish there was a way to standardize their sizes, considering they carry only one brand (their own) I would think that would be easy to do. It's so frustrating!

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! Please ask for more sleeves!! Cap sleeves are not sleeves; they are a disaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better/mre business suit options would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm with Kristin, consistent sizing. Their 14-16 can fit me nicely or it can be as a sack.

    And I especially miss their 14-16 dress pants. I can't get any of the "right size" to work for me and they were a staple in my work wardrobe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.