Monday, May 17, 2010

Play Up Your Favorite Features

I'm feeling inspired by a post I just read over on Everyday Wear. Written by the uber-gorgeous Veronica, the post is all about turning the old addage "dress to hide your flaws" on its head. Instead, dress with the sole purpose of playing up your favorite feature.

I love that because pulling together outfits to camoflage my veiny legs, double-roll tummy, and kinda flabby arms is boring and demoralizing. I would much rather dress to show off my features, wouldn't you?

So let's make a pact - let's forget about the bad and focus on the good. Because the bad probably isn't as bad as you think it is, anyway. And the good is sooooo good. Who's with me? Let me know what your favorite features are and how you're going to show them off this week! Here's mine:



This beautiful tank features cut-away shoulders the scoop low on the neck - perfect for showing off one my favorite features: my collar bone. I always feel pretty and lady-like when this part of my body is on display.



I'm not the bustiest girl you'll ever meet, but I do like to show off what I have (within my own definition of "reason" and "tasteful" - to each her own!). This high waist dress fits the proportions of my body really well - and the plunging neckline lets me control how much to show off.



I love to play up my eyes - especially with eyeliner and full lashes. I flick my liner up at edge of my lash line, creating a more defined eye shape and flirty lashes. I use Smashbox Jet Set Liner in black to achieve the look.

The clothes:
Kische sequin detail tank from Nordstrom in Lake Blue.

Black and white lace-bodice dress, from Torrid.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you Dressing to flatter instead of dressing to hide! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the blog love! I love the top you feature here, will look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to think about my best features...a little sad that I can't just rattle them off.

    I'm like you..not the bustiest girl you'll see, but I do like to play up that feature a little.

    I also like my ankles so maxi dresses are perfect for me...feminine and flowy stopping at the smallest part of my leg. And I have nice feet which works too...

    Now I'm going to think of my pretty physical feautures..that's just not easy to answer honestly, but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And your eyes are a gorgeous feature of yours!! Plus, your height! You should always rock that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.