Monday, June 21, 2010

Start with the Lips

While getting dressed today, I decided to shake up my usual routine: pick out a dress, then add accessories, then put on makeup. Instead, I started with my makeup. I wanted to wear the new bright pink lipstick that I bought this weekend:


The lipstick is a lot pinker in real life.

That's a very bright color, especially for the office, so I kept the rest of my makeup minimal with just a little bronzer, a touch of gray eye shadow, black eyeliner and mascara. (Yes, that's minimal in my world.)

When it came to choosing my outfit, I found myself layering on tough metal accessories like the long twisted metal necklace, bracelet and earrings. Even my shoes have metal gromets on them! It makes sense, though, because I like the counterbalance of cold metal with the ultra-girly lipstick:


My pose and ultra-smile are making me laugh today.

The clothes:
Black cardigan - Lane Bryant
Gray & purple dress - Cynthia Rowley by way of Marshalls
Shoes - Payless
Earrings & bracelet - Lia Sophia
Necklace - compliments of Lane Bryant

7 comments:

  1. That dress is so lovely and flattering. Is it comfy? It looks comfy, which is always an added bonus in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like I'm wearing pajamas, Tina. It's that comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab! Love the lippy color and you just gotta love pj-like dresses at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. Check Mine out!

    ~Flabulously Me

    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com
    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com
    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com
    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com
    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com
    lifejsinclair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the Fleur's lipstick? If so, you are right, it does photograph light. But it still looks great.

    If it isn't Fleur's, it is still a lovely shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, it is the Fleur's lipstick. I haven't stopped wearing it since Friday! I think the lighting was a little strange, which is why is photographed so light. I'll have to try to snap a better shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)