Monday, July 19, 2010

2nd Sealed with a Kiss Designs Review

After a long, fun weekend celebrating Dan's birthday, I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. But when I remembered what was waiting for me in my closet, getting up and dressed was more fun. Sealed with a Kiss Designs sent me this really cute tank top* to test drive and review for you:



It's the Carly top in jade and I feel really good in it. The material is soft and snuggly, and the ruffled neckline is so flattering (if I do say so myself). I paired it with my high-waisted skirt and a white blazer for work today:



I'm also really excited about the necklace I'm wearing. With the dramatic ruffled neckline, I searched through my jewelry box for something that wouldn't compete with my top. Here's what I came up with:



I remember giving my mom this rose pendant back when I was in elementary school. I think I bought it at one of those 'Santa's Workshop' deals, which means it's most likely very inexpensive (I definitely wasn't rolling in money at the age of 7). So it kind of makes me laugh; which is a nice way to start out a Monday.

I'm looking forward to doing some more shopping at Sealed with a Kiss Designs once the July $10/week restriction ends. What have you bought from them?

The clothes:
Carly tank top - gift from Sealed with a Kiss Designs
White cotton blazer - Lane Bryant
High waist skirt - Lane Bryant (Icon collection)
Sandals - Payless Shoe Source
Earrings- Grandma Kappy's
Pendant - Mom's

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit and your "vintage" necklace goes perfectly with the top. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that top too! I expected the jade to be a little more green, but that is a beautiful shade of teal.

    I am not a "tucker" (due to a pot belly that I need to camouflage) - can a top like that be worn out? I have a trade show in September that I need to be a little more dressed up than my usual biz casual attire, and was thinking something like that would be adorable under a blazer or cardigan.

    I did not do well this past weekend with the $10/week spending restriction. Me versus Old Navy's 20% off "stuff and save" sale and $30 in gift cards - out of pocket netted me $40 for six items. Not bad, I guess, but still more than my $10/week promise. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!

    Kristin - you inspired me to take a few pictures of outfits that utilize this top, untucked. :) Also, 6 items for $40? That's awesome! And each item averages less than $10...so I think that kinda counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I always go back and forth with the tucking thing. Every once in awhile it feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is so pretty and the story makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)