Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beauty Moment- Gray Eyeshadow

This may be a bit of a repeat post, but I really love the versatility of gray eyeshadow. Applied with a light hand, it's soft and pretty for day. Go a little deeper with the eyeliner and you've got a sultry look for night that's not as high maintenance (or expected) as black or navy. I'm going with the daytime version today:





Here's the palette of shadows I used to create this look. It's a custom palette from Bobbi Brown. I swept the light gray shade (top right corner) across my entire lid, then accented my crease with the dark gray shade (top middle). Then I added a touch of the pale mint green shade (top left corner)right along my brow bone and at the inner corner of my eye for highlight.



I went with a muted pink blush (lower right corner) and baby pink lipgloss as final touches. I needed to have really great makeup today because my hair and I are fighting. I subjected it to an experiment (in which I forgot to apply any kind of product, then used a 3-barrel waving iron - total fail) that went awry.

The products:
Bobbi Brown Eye Shadows in Grey (6), Steel (22) and Mint (20)
Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar (11)
Bare Minerals Lipgloss in Strawberry Shortcake

6 comments:

  1. I hope you keep trying the 3 barrel iron because I am really looking forward to seeing the results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really great! You have such beautiful eyes anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You look like a model in that first picture! Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brooke and Patti. :)

    Lauren- I've given up on the 3 barrel waver. This is the third time I've tried...it's officially done. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just came across your blog! =D Your make up looks good! PS: You are very photogenic! =)

    xo Mavy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mavy- and welcome to Bombshell Beauty!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.