Friday, September 24, 2010

Dressing for Myself

A great perk of my job is the ability to work from home when one has no meetings and it's raining cats & dogs outside. I love going into the office and thrive on the energy of my co-workers, but every once in a while it's nice to hunker down with some paperwork without having to get dressed.

Although of course I still got dressed for the day. I feel more productive when I have a cute outfit on. And if I do say so, it's a shame no one saw me because I had a fantastic hair day:



I've received several requests for a video showing how I create this hairstyle. I assume the people who've asked are fully aware of how terrible I am at how-to videos so they must really want the details. :) So I'll pull that together very soon. In the meantime - how great is that red belt? I found it in a boutique accessory shop at Rosedale Mall. It's super comfortable, and I love the horseshoe clasp.

The clothes:
Gold gemstone necklace - Lia Sophia
Striped boyfriend-style button down - Lane Bryant
Red stretchy belt- Lulu Rose
Skinny jeans- Z. Cavaricci (via Torrid)
Black suede booties- Payless

7 comments:

  1. Love this outfit very much! Then again, I have this same top. This does remind me that I need a new red belt though.

    So glad to read you were able to safe that great hair day by working from home. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belt really is awesome! Cute outfit! And great hair! ;) Thanks for your comment the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also work from home and I get dressed every morning. I don't always wear make up or do anything with my hair, but real clothes are a must. Right now I'm wearing a black skirt, red tank top, and red plaid flip flops. And I'm on hold, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that belt!!! That is such a cute outfit! :) And yes the hair is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like working from home too, because it gives my an excuse to try outfits that I wouldn't wear to work or on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you. Who says you can only get pretty when you are going to leave the house?? My co-workers give me a hard time because I dress up more than they do for work, but I do it cause I'm more productive when I look/feel good.

    And you ARE having a great hair day! Love your outfit. The belt really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hair and the outfit too! Sometimes when I work at home I will dress very casually, but usually I like to dress up at least a little -- it just puts me in the mood for work. Like today, I'm wearing a jean skirt and long-sleeve top along with makeup and earrings.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.