Friday, November 5, 2010

Beauty Stash- Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation

There are some relationships that are hard to get over: my love of New Kids on the Block, affection for past boyfriends, and Clinique makeup which was the first of my major makeovers at a young age. I've never been a love 'em and leave 'em type of girl. So I have to admit that in the past, I've tried and tried and tried again Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation even though the outcome was the same: spotty coverage that ended up creating oily patches on my nose and chin.

Every time, I'd toss the stick and swear, 'Never again!' And yet...I really wanted to like this foundation because of the superb color match to my fair skintone and the extreme portability of the stick. For you fellow fair-skinned Bombshells, there's no better brand (in my opinion) that color matches fair skin tones. So when I recently went foundation shopping at my local Bobbi Brown counter, I immediately blurted out to the sales girl, "I've tried and hate the foundation stick!"

Instead of looking alarmed at my completely random outburst, she nodded knowingly. "Made you greasy, right?" I nodded, feeling somewhat vindicated. "You've heard so many great things about the foundation stick, but it just never worked for you?" she prodded. Again, I nodded wide eyed and hopeful. "Well, it's been completely reformulated." Hurray!

The new and improved Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick contains kaolin clay which soaks up any excess oil. Perfect! And I can attest to the fact that this formula is indeed new and improved. From the moment I dabbed the foundation onto the red areas around my nose and chin, I could feel it. No greasiness. Just smooth foundation that eliminates my redness without caking onto the skin. Love it. Genuinely love it.

If you've tried and hated this foundation stick in the past, or if you're looking for a portable option that doubles as concealer, head over to your Bobbi Brown counter to give it a go. It might just be worth a second chance in your makeup bag.

6 comments:

  1. Your NKOTB comment made me chuckle because I am the same way! Thanks for an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I, too, had tried the old formula and didn't like it. And being fairskinned with rosacea, I really need a good one. I'll have to give it another try.terban

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL NKOTB, I know for sure I still have every one of their tour jackets stashed away somewhere. The love of my makeup life is still Clinique however I'm tempted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting! I have a hard time matching foundations and I end up using a lot of concealer for various reasons! I'll have to look into this! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.