Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Great Stripe Experiment

A couple weeks ago, three of my favorite plus size style mavens and I were chatting over Twitter about the latest mini magalog that arrived in our mailboxes from Lane Bryant. It included coupons (yay!) and shots of their newest arrivals.

We all oohed and ahhed over the selection of striped sweaters, and a fun idea was hatched. The four of us bought similar striped sweaters and decided to share how each of us styles the piece. I love this idea because it really goes to show that every woman can put her own spin on an article of clothing.

Kimberly (Fab Finds Under $50)



Kimberly's wearing the long-sleeved v-neck sweater in blue and white. She's paired the sweater with jeans, creating a fun casual outfit. Love the touch of yellow lace peeking out of the bottom of the sweater which adds some visual interest and extra texture. So cute!

Tina (T Minus, T Plus)



Tina's wearing the asymmetric double zip sweater in tonal blue on blue (it's also available in black and white). I like the way Tina used her striped sweater to put a really cool, graphic spin on the ultra-feminine dress and heels. Very stylish, indeed.

Maddy (editor of Plus Model Magazine)



Now, like many of you, Maddy was not too sure about the whole horizontal stripes thing...I hope she's had a change of heart after this! Maddy chose the same V-neck striped sweater as Kimberly, only in black and white. She looks classic and cool, pulling her stripes on over a crisp button down blouse and black pants. This is easy chic at its very best.

Me



Does my sweater look familiar? Yep, I too picked the asymmetric sweater in blue. I pulled mine on over a purple A-line dress, cinched with a belt, and knee-high boots. The stripes make my tailored dress look a little more playful.

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I don't want to pressure anyone in to shopping but I do hope you guys do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's safe to say, Erin, that it doesn't take much pressure for us to go shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea ! All the looks show how one sweater can be worn different ways, but love Maddy's look the best !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone twist my arm, so I can do more shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...well, we could do LBD's. I'm betting we all have LBD's already so we wouldn't necessarily have to go out and buy new ones. Although we certainly could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm new to your blog, from the Facebook post Lane Bryant made today about the bloggers conference. I really enjoy how all of you put together an outfit featuring a striped sweater and pulled it off so well. Thanks! Now maybe I won't be afraid to try stripes ... we'll see! Although I'm taking the MissusSmartyPants challenge to not buy anything for a month, so it will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Serendipity- I'm so happy you found me! Stripes are nothing to be afraid of - there are so many ways to wear them. Hope you'll take the plunge (after the month-long challenge is over, of course). Welcome to Bombshell Beauty-

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're all looking great in your stripes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.