Thursday, October 6, 2011

Everyday Bombshell

After going back and forth on the jeggings bandwagon (should I, shouldn't I?) I finally caved. My desire to branch out into more casual styles outweighed my fear that jeggings look cheap and chintzy when compared to either true leggings or jeans. 


I have to say that I love them.  LOVE them!  My body looks better in tight pants and flowy tops than it does in tight tops and bootcut pants.And my fear that the jeggings would look chintzy was alleviated by Dan's reaction to them: "Those are jeggings?  Huh.  They look like real jeans."

I bought my pair at Avenue; they fit perfectly and are true to size.  AND - they come in tall. Perfect!

The Outfit:
Ponte knit tuxedo jacket- Gap
Turquoise Laura top- c/o Sealed with a Kiss
Jeggings- Avenue (Note- the color shown online is a lot lighter than the actual product, thank goodness)
Ballet flats- Designer Shoes.com

9 comments:

  1. welcome to the wonderful world of Jeggings!! they are a little bit on the controversial side, but they are so much more comfortable and flattering than one would expect. and you ROCK them, sister!!

    that outfit looks adorable on you, too! i never think to pair that top with a blazer, but i just might do that on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great sara.. im not a fan of jeggings, but do love my new spanx leggings.. i too like the look of a tighter pant and long top.. i like straight/skinny jeans with looser tops too.. im not sure why my body looks better like this since my top half is smaller than my bottom,, i always see larger women with bootcut jeans on and i think they look so bad most of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I still haven't tried them but have been trying to convince myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jeggings are cute. Are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the jeggings support, everyone!

    Rebecca- they are comfortable. This pair has enough stretch to fit well, and the denim cotton is pretty soft. Which isn't always the case, based on others that I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love your blog!

    Those jeggings look great on you and they do look like regular jeans. I tried on the same jeggings last week and seemed to be in between sizes, so I ended up buying their Hollywood Skinny jeans instead. I have not worn leggings or skinny jeans in YEARS! I am loving tucking my jeans into boots again. I have been wearing boot leg and straight leg pants for so long that I'm honestly not sure what looks better on my body! I am an hourglass/slight pear. Maybe I need to take some photos and do some comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, 365danbury! So glad you're here. I've been thinking about getting a pair of the Hollywood skinnies - how do you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to get up the courage to try jeggings. I have pretty much given up on jeans because I cannot find a fit that I love but jeggings seem like a possibility. Are the ones that you got from Avenue true to size or should I size up? Are they baggy by the end of the day or do they retain their shape?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura B- the jeggings I got from Avenue are true to size and I've not had problems with them getting baggy. The fit seems to last, which is nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.