Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Everyday Bombshell- Makeup Look

The inspiration for this post came courtesy of Cover Girl, who reached out to me about their latest release, the Bombshell Collection. They provided me with a Wal-Mart gift card so I could pick out a few pieces from the collection and tell you what I thought of them. All opinions are my own.

You guys know I love the whole Bombshell persona - glamorous and confident with a dash of ultra-femininity (whatever that means to an individual). I like to take the idea of being a Bombshell and apply that to my everyday life - usually with my clothes. Today, I've created an everyday take on Bombshell makeup. It's an easy, romantic look that would be perfect for Valentine's Day.

The Bombshell Collection includes new Shineshadows (cream eye shadows), liquid eyeliner, a double ended mascara, new shades in the Lipperfection range and a selection of nail polish colors.

For my everyday Bombshell look, I chose Shineshadow in Ooh La Lilac, Intensity Eyeliner in Chocolate Kiss, Volume by Lashblast mascara in Very Black,  and LipPerfection Lipstick in Bombshell.  I also chose a shade of Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Grapevine, which was merchandised with the Bombshell Collection, but might not actually be part of it. Oops. Whatever - it complements my purple theme.

I thought this combination would be glamorous, but less dramatic than choosing a silvery Shineshadow and black liquid liner. I wanted to create a defined but neutral eye and then punch it up with a bright pink lip.


And here's a quick, step-by-step overview of how I put it together. You don't need these exact same products to recreate this puple/brown/pink look. Dive into your makeup bag and see what you have that will work.
video

So what did I think of Cover Girl's Bombshell Collection? It was hit and miss.
  • I would repurchase the Intensity Eyeliner and the LipPerfection lipstick.
  • I'm on the fence about the Volume by Lashblast mascara (it smudges, the tube is gigantic but it does create luscious lashes...).
  • Would never, ever recommend the Shineshadow (creases, fades, total waste of time) or the Nail Gloss (set a record for how quickly it chipped).

4 comments:

  1. You look very pretty! I'm sorry you weren't happy with everything, but thanks for the heads up on the cream eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I didn't like everything, what I did like - I really liked!

      Delete
  2. Nice to know these things. I have been on a hunt for the perfect mascara...luscious lashes sounds good. The lipstick is beautiful!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That line of lipstick is a favorite, Deb - and give the mascara a try. It might be just perfect for you.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.